- Bombers Baseball Club Bombers 16U jumped out to an early lead over Minisink Falcons and took home an 11-3 victory on Sunday. Bombers Baseball Club Bombers 16U scored on a double by Diego Urreta, a single by Mike Scotto, a single by Andrew Croce, a fielder’s choice by Andrew Russian, and a triple by Mike Hardy in the second inning.
- Bombers Baseball Club Bombers 16U pulled away for good with five runs in the second inning. In the second Urreta doubled on a 1-2 count, scoring one run, Scotto singled on a 0-1 count, scoring one run, Croce singled on a 2-1 count, scoring one run, Ritchie induced Russian to hit into a fielder’s choice, but one run scored, and Hardy tripled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run.
- Scotto led things off on the hill for Bombers Baseball Club Bombers 16U. He allowed five hits and three runs over four innings, striking out five.
- Ritchie toed the rubber for Minisink Falcons. He allowed five hits and five runs over two innings, walking one. Armock and Beasto entered the game from the bullpen, throwing four innings and one inning respectively.
- Bombers Baseball Club Bombers 16U collected 12 hits on the day. Scotto, Croce, Hardy, and Urreta all had multiple hits for Bombers Baseball Club Bombers 16U. Scotto led Bombers Baseball Club Bombers 16U with three hits in four at bats.
- Depolito went 2-for-3 at the plate to lead Minisink Falcons in hits.
After 5 games the Bombers come out on top. The 17U Bombers took home the victory over Hayner Academy Barnstormers 17U with Evan Berta was named tournament MVP.
Andrew Croce would not be denied at the plate when runners were on base on Sunday, driving in four on two hits to lead Bombers Baseball Club Bombers 16U past Coastal CT Tides 16U 10-6 on Sunday. Croce drove in runs on a triple in the second and a walk in the seventh.
For the first time ever, we had 3 different teams win tournament championships over Memorial Day weekend.
The 15u team managed by Kevin Vlad won the Westchester Classic for the 2nd year in a row. They dominated some very strong teams and shut out the last 3 teams that faced. They did this will having three key players out with injuries. This team is ready to roll this summer.
The 16u team has added some new players and new coaches this year and for the first time ever, they won their age bracket championship also at the Westchester Classic tournament. This team is just starting to play together and get to know one another. Right out of the box, they won four straight games including a 2 to 1 squeaker in the championship game. As this team gels, I think we will continue to see a lot more wins over the summer.
Perhaps the most impressive championship this weekend was won by our 14u team managed by Mike Scotto. They played in a tournament at The Rock up in Chester with 12 other teams from all over the region. They played 7 games in 3 days and won them all including a win in the championship game against a strong team from Syracuse. Playing 7 games over a weekend is an accomplishment all by itself but these boys aren’t satisfied with just playing – they show up to win and they usually do. This team has won multiple championships over the last two years and I think we will hear more from them this summer.
Congratulations to all the boys, coaches and parents. This is a great start to 2016 summer Bombers baseball!
The Bombers Baseball Club is pleased to announce our association with The Hudson Valley Collegiate Baseball League. They are an excellent, professional organization and we are excited to join them this season and for years to come. Visit their Facebook page for further information.