2018 – Bombers Parent/Player Recruiting info meeting
Time/date: 7pm on Tuesday 11/27/18
Location: The Croton Library located at 171 Cleveland Drive Croton on Hudson NY 10520
The purpose of this meeting is to provide important information to parents and players about the college baseball recruiting process from our Bombers/showcase team perspective. In addition to our Bombers management and coaches who will be speaking at the meeting, we have invited current D-I, D-II and D-III recruiting coaches to explain the recruiting process from their perspective as well. This will give everyone an excellent idea on how the process works; what you should expect; and what the player needs to do to maximize his chances to get recruited. All 16u and 17u parents and players should plan on attending this.
This will mostly be an interactive meeting so we want all parents and players to come armed with any questions or comments they may have regarding the college recruiting process.
Opening remarks: Steve Riccio, James Perotta, and other Bombers coaching staff
Introduction to new recruiting software platform for players
Q&A: Rob DiToma (D-I – Fordham University), Grisha Davita (D-II – Nyack College), John Muller (D-III – College of Mount Saint Vincent)
Associate Head Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
2014 to present
• Prior to Fordham, DiToma had a four-year stint at Iona College, serving as the team’s hitting instructor and recruiting coordinator.
• Prior to Iona, DiToma coached for one season at Siena and one at Temple.
• Before Temple, DiToma’s served on the baseball coaching staff at Manhattanville while pursuing his master’s degree.
• A 2005 graduate of Mercy College, DiToma earned his master’s degree in physical education from Manhattanville College in 2007. He played four years as the starting second baseman at Mercy as an undergraduate, serving as team captain as a senior. As a junior, he batted .309 and was an All NYCAC selection.
Head Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
2018 to present
• Prior to being named head coach at Nyack College, Davita was the pitching coach for Pace University for seven years
• In the past, Coach Davita was also head baseball of Colombia University and held other college coaching positions over the years
• Coach Davita has also held professional scouting positions with the San Diego Padres and Texas Rangers
• He was signed to a professional players contract by the Chicago Cubs and is a graduate of Concordia College
• Coach Davita is also a current member of the Bombers professional coaching staff and spent the summer of 2018 assisting Head Coach Donovan Mitchell with our 19u+ college team which finished the season in 1st place in the HVCBL
College of Mount Saint Vincent
Assistant Athletic Director/Head Baseball Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
2017 to present
• Named head baseball coach and assistant athletic director for College of Mount Saint Vincent in 2017
• St. Thomas Aquinas College (STAC), Pitching Coach (2015, 2016)
• Signed by Chicago Cubs 2007 (5 ½ years of professional baseball)
• Attended St. Thomas Aquinas College. Elected to their Baseball Hall of Fame 2011